Friday, January 16, 2009

Counting Sheep!

Well - this one is being polite, and he's NOT counting. Because no one needs a counting sheep on his/her birthday, right? But you might need a fuzzy, soft blue Doodle Factory sheep (Basel) who does not care how old you are - he loves you!

So... do you remember the Password Book from the blog launch? Remember the inside of the book?
Well as I told you, I love reanimating the INSIDE of old books. The table of contents are particularly interesting.

This table of contents had both Roman numerals and numbers , which were great for my "counting" theme. I punched those out with a 3/4" circle punch and arranged them behind the scallop my sheep was stamped on.

The "wool" is some baby blue Flower Soft. I just got a sample of this product. It's from England, and it is REALLY fun to work with. I've seen some beautiful samples with it and need to play some more so I can show you.

The black and white patterned paper was sale paper at Hobby Lobby. The card base is kraft, and the blue strip is Stampin' Up! Brocade Blue. I decorated the card by piercing it and using white and black pens for additional detail.

The greeting is cut from the pages of my mystery.I created this little ditty for the Stamp Something birthday challenge on their blog, so head over and check out the other entries!!

9 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your fuzzy blue sheep, he's adorable! Thanks for joining in our Birthday challenge, fun to see some DoodleFactory images! :)

Anonymous said...

Just noticed the heading, duh duh, Love (tr)ashes. How cute is that my friend. Have a good one. Please send us some warm weather, it is freezing here brrrr Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

Dawn said...

Aww how cute is this!

Anonymous said...

So cute, so creative. You give me such good ideas!

Jenn in GA said...

why did you post such a cute sheep and not also announce that you'd invented iTouch computer screens that enable one to FEEL the cuteness she is seeing!

my craft room is completely disassembled, and so there will be no cardmaking this weekend...alas; my mojo was there for a few days!

Jackie said...

Very cute :)

Deb Neerman said...

This is sooooo cute! Your l'il sheep is just adorable.

TFS; and thanks for visiting my blog, too! Now I'm off to explore more of your blogs!

~Hugs, Deb

Erin... said...

so cute and funny!! what a adorable sheep and love the layout! thanks for playing:)

Tracey said...

Fab card, love that sheep!
Hugs
Traceyx