Friday, August 3, 2012

Oh - This Old Magazine?

I'm really having more fun than humans should be allowed with my new favorite technique.

I decided to use this technique for two of this week's Dare to Get Dirty challenges, and I just loved the way it turned out. 

Can you guess the technique?

Cardstock: Whisper White, National Geographic
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: Citra Solv, Foam Brush, Rhinestone, Tombow Multi

Well now you probably have after reading the supply list.

It's the Citra Solv technique with a National Geographic. I bought the magazine for $1.00 at Half Price Books and the Citra Solv I got at Central Market.

Not only is it a blast, but when you're done, you're pages smell amazing!

Here's my technique video - I hope you try it!

2 comments:

momof5sons said...

Wow...I must do this!! It was fun listening to you discover the different looks that the pages gave you. So many ways to add texture are running through my mind. Thanks for the inspiration!

Scrapcollectr said...

This would be a super easy way to dive into art journaling! Thanks for the springboard. It does render gorgeous art! "-)