Saturday, June 23, 2012

Feeling Green...

I love bold, woodblock print designs.

I also love Whole Foods, and we just had a store open about five minutes from my house, so I'm in heaven! I think I'll eat spaghetti squash every day for a week to celebrate the amazing produce department. And then there's the bakery....

Aah but I digress.

Since it's their opening week, they're donation a portion of their proceeds to a different local organization in the near-in community every day and today the recipient is one of my favorites - Austin Pets Alive! - so I decided to get my grocery on and help them out at the same time.

After I got home, I wanted to get crafty, but I wasn't feeling the mojo. Well, until I walked into the kitchen to eat a newly purchased Ranier cherry and ponder creativity and I spied the bag from Whole Foods.

These bags are GORGEOUS!! Why have I never made a card with them before? I love the primitive woodblock design and the vivid, saturated greens against the kraft.

So out came my scissors and a few Sizzix dies and I was off to the races.
Pin It

Paper: Whisper White, Whole Foods Grocery Bag
Accessories: Sizzix Westminster 1.5" Hexagon Die, Sizzix Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight die, scissors, glue

Don't you love those bold designs? I liked them so much I didn't add any greetings - I think the boldness is enough on its own.

Thanks for stopping by for this reanimation. Look around - what can you do with what you have?


1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

SO COOL! I hoard my WF paper bags for recycling, especially now that we have to PAY for them if we don't bring our own cloth bags. However, I have been tempted to cut up my Paper Source bags. :)

I'm glad to see you post over here again. :D I still plan to make a secret decoder book like in your original post. One day!

PS: Double WV is on, in case you didn't know.

22 easesnsk --> my address when I lived in Russia.