Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I prepared this card for today's 2Sketches4You Challenge!It's a hero for all our fallen heroes today. Handsome and brave. Loved and missed.

The stamp set is the Super Parents Doodle Factory set, and I loved the sketch, because it once again gave me an opportunity to do thought bubbles.

Just a girl, dreaming of her boy. As they do :)

I used as a background a page from a Fantastic Four compilation comic book that I got at Half Price Books. I cut extra talk bubbles out to add along the edge of the main circle.

I colored both characters with Copics and then added the rub-on dots for a Lichtenstein effect.

Comics are one of my favorite places to find beautiful use of red, white and blue together.

To see the rest of the Starving Artistamps' team's submissions for the challenge, click here. To see the 2Sketches blog entries in the challenge, click here.

Take time today to remember America's fallen heroes as you enjoy your freedoms. They gave so much.

God Bless America.

No comments: